MRC and Fleet Feet West Hartford Racing Together!
Manchester Running Company and Fleet Feet West Hartford
are joining forces to create a more robust presence on the USATF-CT Road Racing Grand Prix
Scene. Combining a great community running store with one of the most active running clubs in the region, the two groups will be featured prominently in races around the state and now won’t let the pesky Connecticut River divide them.
The USATF-CT Road Racing Grand Prix consists of numerous running clubs competing around the state in eight races ranging from 1 mile to the half marathon. The top runners in eight different divisions (ages 18+) can score for each team and are compared to the times of other clubs, to determine prize money at each race; over $2,300 in prize money is up for grabs at each race. Combining MRC and Fleet Feet gives more opportunity for runners in all divisions to score and have teammates to run with in all races. Age groups include: Open, Masters (40+), Grand Masters (50+) and Veterans (60+), in both genders.
– Paid USATF fee ($30) when you commit to running in at least two Grand Prix Races
– Sweet deals on team orders of shoes and apparel from brands like Nike & Asics
– Discounts at Runningwarehouse.com
– Discounts on Nuun products
– Discounts on Honey Stinger products
– Discounts on selected Hartford Marathon Foundation events
– Discounts on Manchester Running Company events
– 10% off Manchester Running Company apparel
– MRC t-shirt
– Great competition
– Group runs at least once per week in multiple locations
– Carpools to local races and events
– Coaching plans
– Recognition in weekly emails for races you’ve run, and more!!
To get started just register online here
and you’ll get a detailed email with all the info you need to take advantage of these great programs. You do not have to be a fast runner, so don’t be shy! We are looking for commitment and consistency to the team, if you’re speedy that’s great – but it certainly isn’t a requirement.